Thursday, October 30, 2008

52 Weeks of Adventure

Talking to an editor this morning, the short one, I came the the realization that time moves by faster, the older you get.
Now I know I'm going to get virtual slapped, and possible physically slapped, by people a few years older than me when I say this:
"I'm already 26 and what do I have to show for it?"

Sure, I have had a few poems published, and I am a Master SCUBA Diver, and have a black belt in Tae Known Do and met Hulk Hogan in a bathroom at the airport.
But days and weekends tend to blur together in an obscure mess to the point I can't tell one weekend from another. I feel like my life is draining in a sea of mediocrity mediocritiness.
So I came up with a game plan to make each week more memorable.
In theory, if I can separate the different between weekends, just maybe, I can cause the forward march of time to slow to a crawl.

Here is my plan:
52 Weeks in a Year
52 Things I rarely do or have never done.

Each week I will do one of these tasks. I will then blog about it and take pictures to remember each moment, where time slowed down just a bit.
Being as I just came up with this idea for a resolution, my list is rather small.

Here are a few things I've been thinking about:

  1. Hiking at Enchanted Rock
  2. Camping at Lost Maples
  3. Touring the San Antonio Missions
  4. Renaissance Festivals
  5. A weekend motorcycle trip stopping at B&Bs.
  6. SCUBA Diving
  7. Weekend at the Beach
  8. Eating at my favorite place for wings in the world, Pluckers in Austin and trying the Cookie Bar up there as well.
  9. Traveling to LA to see my brother
  10. An all day movie marathon at a theater
I know that's only 10 adventures, because I can see the list numbered above, but I'm looking for ideas. Other people may have suggestions of activities I'm not even aware of.
Weigh in, let me know what you think.

3 comments:

Mike said...

visit the pacific northwest, you wont be sorry

-mike

Nicole said...

OOOH! Let me know when you go to cookie bar!

Julie said...

Love your list! But first, I have to ask ... Was Hulk Hogan tapping his foot under the stall when you met him?

Okay, now that that is out of the way ... back to the list.

I bet there is a book that will give you a list of cool things to do in South Texas. I'll try to come up with some too.

I will TOTALLY go with you (if you need accompaniment) to hike or to Austin -- but not to the Renaissance Fair. That scares me.