Saturday, May 30, 2009

Desk Sitting

So here I am. It's Saturday evening, just after seven. I'm a young, attractive male who's girlfriend is out of town. Where am I? If you answered, "Out partying with your best buds", you'd be wrong. The correct answer it, "Sitting the assignment desk at KSAT".

Sorry... just got a call for a shooting. Had to delegate and send a photog on it and have our reporter ready to go if case it's live shot worthy.

OK. Things have settled down a bit... for the moment. That was a fun 20 minutes. Listening to a suspect being chased for God knows what, a brush fire, and the shooting. Been a while since I've sat the desk for more than 20 minutes at a time. I feel a bit rusty.

This blog really doesn't have a point yet. I'm kind of making it up as I go along. Can you tell? I didn't bring a book, and while Wipeout is fun to watch, it will be over soon. So I figured...


Whoops. Call for a rollover...

So I figured I would write something to help pass the time. As I stated in my previous random blog, the girlfriend is off with men in India, doing Shiva knows what. So I've decided that now is a good time to get back into my reading/writing regiment. I used to write poems, and stories and read a book a week back in the day. Somehow I've managed to dodge that for two years, but there's no time like the present to get back into it. I've got...

Possibly another shooting...

I've got plenty of stories to tell, original plots and intriguing characters but there is a problem, putting them on proverbial paper. My job requires me to write nearly eight hours a day, so by time I get home, I don't really feel like writing for recreation. I doubt Michael Phelps, after doing laps eight hours a day, hops in the pool when he gets home. I know it's a little different, but if I am to make my first million by the time I'm 30, I really need to start cracking down. Even if it's like Frank Peretti, writing a page a night until the book is finished. Sure, it may take a few years, but at least I put the time for it.
One book I have a plot for is Vampireish. But I came up with it before this whole Vampire craze as of late, so I call "originality" on that. I'm really excited to write it, but I'm having trouble piecing the plot together. It is a story that would be best told over multiple books, and I have trouble being able to connect them all together. It will come in time. Best way is to start writing it.

Someone called 911 for a Headache!? I never get over that call. I laugh everytime I hear it. Take a freakin' Tylenol.

Hopefully the Vampire story could turn into Spin-Offs of prequels and sequels. Another reason it's taking me so long to start writing. I'm trying to set up this huge lore, with plenty of history leading up to the main story, and characters to continue-on following the end. Again, it all begins with that first step, or in this case, that first letter on paper.

And another thing. When I live in DFW and had my Mother, a free personal trainer, I was in the best shape of my life. But then, I stopped and began producing. Sitting on my duff for eight hours a day. That's when the pounds began to pack on.

Oooh. A structure fire!

Unfortunately, for whatever lame excuse I use over the past year, I have fallen off my work out regiment. But now that I'm settled in my new place, I need to get back in to my routine. So as of Monday, I will head straight to the gym after work. I can't go home, otherwise I won't leave again. My goal, to work out my uppers Monday& Friday, Legs on Wednesday and run everyday except Tuesday/Thursday push myself extra hard because I'm not lifting.

I fear this blog is going to be a long one, because as long as I'm at the desk, I will keep writing. And there's still 90 minutes to go. It's already been two hours since I started writing this. Man, how time flies.

A Robbery in Progress... but where on Perrin Beitel...


I really have to pee, but there's no one to sit the desk while I'm gone. Sure I could sneak away and no one would know, but that's when I miss the hostage situation. Until some one can be my sub, I will wait and think of Waterfalls and flowing water.

Ok...

That was not a good idea.

Have to think of something else...

Ah hour to go until I get my drink on.

If the number of Incidents on the "City of San Antonio Fire Response" webpage is correct, they have had over 9-million indicentses since they began the count on the page. That's impressive. Of course that's everything from people calling about Stomach Cramps to a Full Blown fire.
Still an impressive amount. It seems one comes in every other minute or so.
Pretty sure I have Scanner Brain. Can't really distinguish between the different scanners. They just sound like a jumble of noise.

I think we have a power line down on the road and a Motor vehicle accident on different parts of town and one photog. Not that they are anything to send him out on, just felt like sharing.

We were the only ones at that first shooting! Score. The rest of those incidents turned out to be minor things if nothing at all. So at least we got that shooting. That's what matters.
Two callers have mentioned a two-year-old boy in Natalia hit by a car. Air-lifted here. Hopefully we can check into that.

Ok. At this point it's 10:30. I'm done.WOO HOO. Thanks for sticking with me mover these past 3 1/2 hours. It's been... yeah... It's been.
I'm off to the Saucer.

No comments: